Where two seas of different densities collide, taken off the Alaskan coast.
reblogging for all of America being Texas.
It’s too much.
Canada as seen by Canadians
Canada as seen by the rest of the world
I need this on my blog again.
LMFAO “SUNK THE TITANIC”
What Would Happen if Oxygen Were to Disappear for Five Seconds?
A few things:
- Everyone at the beach would get sunburns. Ozone is molecular oxygen and blocks the majority of UV light. Without it, we are toast.
- The daytime sky would get darker. With fewer particles in the atmosphere to scatter blue light, the sky would get a bit less blue and a bit more black.
- Every internal combustion engine would stall. This means that every airplane taking off from a runway would likely crash to the ground, while planes in flight could glide for some time.
- All pieces of untreated metal would instantly spot-weld to one another. This is one of the more interesting side effects. The reason metals don’t weld on contact is they are coated in a layer of oxidation. In vacuum conditions, metal welds without any intermediate liquid phase ().
- Everyone’s inner ear would explode. As mentioned, we would lose about 21 percent of the air pressure in an instant, equivalent to being teleported to the top of the high Andes (elevation, about 2,000 meters).
- Every building made out of concrete would turn to dust. Oxygen is an important binder in concrete structures (really, the CO2 is), and without it, the compounds do not hold their rigidity.
- Every living cell would explode in a haze of hydrogen gas. Water is one third oxygen; without it, the hydrogen turns into gaseous state and expands in volume.
- The oceans would evaporate and bleed into space. As oxygen disappears from the oceans’ water, the hydrogen component becomes an unbound free gas. Hydrogen gas, being the lightest, will rise to the upper troposphere and slowly bleed into space through.
- Everything above ground would immediately go into free fall. As oxygen makes up about 45 percent of the Earth’s crust and mantle, there is suddenly a lot less “stuff” beneath your feet to hold everything up.
To sum, it wouldn’t be pretty.
This is really cool.
*follows dreams* *dreams dont follow back* *unfollows dreams*
that was actually way deeper than i expected
so that’s how keys work.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM TO FINALLY SEE HOW THIS WORKS.
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE UNTIL SOMEONE SHOWS ME HOW PICK IT.
I was literally listening to this very song when I saw this post.
The same unique expression. 40 years time difference.
This is probably the greatest post I have ever seen on tumblr. Ever.
casual reminder that you’re not just my followers you’re my friends whether you like it or not that is what you signed up for when you hit the follow button